Tech Prep Program
2016-17 Important Dates
October 10 - Registration opens for first semester classes and classes one year in length
January 19 - Student registration closes for first semester classes (date is firm)
February 1 - submission of grades for first semester classes (date is firm)
February 3 - Registration opens for second semester classes and continues for classes one year in length
June 8 - Registration closes for second semester and classes one year in length (date is firm)
June 26 - Teachers submit final grades
July/August - Students transcribed and receive unofficial transcript in the mail. Contact the Tech Prep Office to expedite transcription if needed for college admissions and advising.
21st Century Education and Career Pathways
Tech Prep is a dual-enrollment program that provides high school students with opportunities to earn college credit in their high school career and technical education classes without leaving their high school campus.
Tech Prep is a great way for high school students to jump start a college career and technical education certificate or degree program.
There are no fees for participating in the Edmonds Tech Prep Program.
Our school district partners: Edmonds, Issaquah, Lake Washington, Mercer Island, Mukilteo, Northshore, Snohomish, Sno-Isle Skill Center, and more.
Earn Tech Prep College Credit
Student Steps to Tech Prep
- Enroll in a Tech Prep class at your high school.
- Apply for Tech Prep credit before the deadline.
- Earn a B or higher grade in classes.
Advantages for Students
- Earn both high school and college credit at your high school.
- Prepare for college and a career while in high school.
Advantages for Parents
- Save money. College tuition is waived in the Tech Prep Program.
- Tech Prep is a college-bound program.
Weekly earnings by education level
- $1,053 with a bachelor’s degree
- $768 with an associate's degree
- $638 with a high school diploma
- $451 less than a high school diploma
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics