Tech Prep Program
Career and Technical Education Pathways
Tech Prep is a dual-enrollment program that allows high school students to take classes on their own campus and receive both high school and college career and technical education credit. There are no fees for participating in the Edmonds Tech Prep Program.
Tech Prep students start an Edmonds Community College certificate or degree program leading to jobs and career opportunities. Check out Career Pathways to learn more about technical education programs and related job and wage information.
Our school district partners: Anacortes, Edmonds, Issaquah, Lake Washington, Mercer Island, Mukilteo, Northshore, Sno-Isle Skill Center, and more.
Earn Tech Prep College Credit
Student Steps to Tech Prep
- Enroll in a Tech Prep class at your high school.
- Apply for Tech Prep credit before the deadline.
- Earn a B or higher grade in classes.
Advantages for Students
- Earn both high school and college credit at your high school.
- Prepare for college and a career while in high school.
Advantages for Parents
- Save money. College tuition is waived and there are not student fees to participate in the Edmonds Tech Prep Program.
- Tech Prep is a college-bound program.
Important Deadlines January 23 -- Student Registration for 1st Semester Classes
June 5 -- Student Registration for 2nd Semester and Full-Year Classes
Weekly earnings by education level
- 1,053 with a bachelor’s degree
- $768 with an associate degree
- $638 with a high school diploma
- $451 less than a high school diploma
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics