Information for High School Teachers
High school teachers who are interested in teaching College in the High School (CHS) courses are encouraged to contact the CHS Director who will notify the appropriate division dean at Edmonds Community College. Selected teachers will be appointed as Edmonds Community College adjunct faculty to teach courses at their respective high school campuses.
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of the subject,
- Hold a master's degree in the subject area,
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching skills,
- Have taught the particular high school class being designated as a CHS section at least twice.
- Evidence of the applicant's teaching ability and effectiveness with students will be requested, including a letter of recommendation from an administrative supervisor and/or department chair.
- Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and college transcript(s) to confirm degree earned and number of courses taken.
- The application packet should also include the course syllabus, including name of the textbook(s) as well as typical assignments with a sample assessment.
The appropriate college academic division dean, in consultation with the high school principal and the appropriate community college department head, will review all applications, interview all qualified applicants, and make the final selection.