Title III Strengthening Institutions Grant
The goals of the project are to:
Goal 1: Improve student achievement and instructional effectiveness by developing and implementing a data-driven comprehensive assessment plan that is integrated into institutional reporting and strategic planning.
Goal 2: Improve student tracking, advising and assessment by providing professional development opportunities to full-time and part-time faculty.
Goal 3: Improve data-based decision-making and planning by providing faculty and administrators with the quantitative tools needed to determine how students are performing at the course and program level and evaluate the impact of college activities and programs.
Measurable goals and an evaluation plan have been established for meeting and monitoring the following objectives:
- Increase the number of instructional programs that have documented course and program outcomes that are reviewed, assessed and reported annually.
- Increase the integration and assessment of college-wide abilities in curriculum.
- Increase the number of faculty and staff who have access to meaningful data and use data to improve student learning, decision- making, planning and reporting.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of college operations by improving and implementing an integrated, systematic process for evaluation at the classroom, program, division, and institutional level.
- Increase opportunities for improved student tracking and advising.
How will these goals and objectives be accomplished?
- Establishing work team for each goal.
- Researching best practices used across the nation.
- Hiring positions to assist with research, assessment and planning.
- Developing an easy-access integrated database and training faculty and staff in its use.
- Generating and using standardized, data-driven reports.
- Developing and implementing an assessment plan for measuring college-wide abilities, student learning and achievement of course and program objectives.
- Providing faculty-training opportunities in assessment, early alert strategies, advising and other areas.
- Implementing a Degree Audit System.
- Conducting surveys of faculty, staff and students.
- Reviewing, modifying and documenting data-driven processes for continuous evaluation of programs and institutional performance indicators.
Stay tuned as we move forward with this exciting project that promises to create a culture of evidence at Edmonds Community College!