Advising for Student Success
Academic Advising educates students as they navigate the world of higher education; providing support for articulation and achievement of their educational and career goals, and by creating an environment for personal transformation, lifelong learning, and success.
An Advisor Can Help You:
- understand course requirements,
- navigate the campus and connect you to resources,
- explore career training programs or options for continuing your education at the university level,
- find answers to questions about the transfer process,
- determine how to finish your degree if you are returning to school after time away, and
- understand the graduation process
New Student Advising
New students are welcomed to Edmonds CC with a New Student Advising (NSA) session. During NSA, an advisor will help you understand your placements, connect your strengths and goals with Edmons CC programs of study, choose first quarter classes, and teach you how to register for classes online. Check out the schedule online
Students will learn more about their program of study in a program specific advising session. Advising sessions are open to prospective, new and continuing students. During a session, an advisor will lead discussion about your program of study/academic department, answer group questions, and provide time for individual academic advising. You will meet fellow peers in your program and plan your next steps! Check out the current schedule online
If you don't need to see an advisor, but have a quick question for advising, you can email us or submit the form on the contact us page .