In accordance with WAC 131-12-010 and Edmonds Community College policy, applicants must be over the age of 18, or have a high school diploma or GED, to be admitted to the college.
Special programs, also referred to as student enrollment options programs under WAC 131-12-010 and International Student programs, may allow applicants under the age of 18 to be admitted to Edmonds Community College. These applicants are governed under the rules and regulations of the following programs:
- Running Start
- Title III of the Adult Education Program
- EdCAP and other enrollment options programs
- International Students – underage international students must follow the admission and eligibility requirements set forth by the International Student Services Division.
Exceptions for Underage Students
Applicants ages 16 and 17
High school students, including home schooled students, or other applicants ages 16 or 17 who do not have a high school diploma or GED, are admitted to Edmonds Community College once the following conditions are met:
- Complete the Underage Admission Request form.
- Complete the School District Enrollment Release form, or obtain a form from the high school or district office.
- This form must be newly completed and submitted each quarter.
- Home School students do not complete this step. Rather, please provide a copy of the documentation submitted to the state or district office indicating your parent or guardian’s intent to home school you.
- Complete the college’s High School Student Application process, including assessment testing when appropriate.
- Complete steps 1-3 above by the first day of the quarter in which enrollment is desired.
Underage applicants who are not admitted under the special programs option, and who do not have a high school diploma or GED, are required to register during open enrollment.
Applicants under the age of 16
Applicants under the age of 16 who do not have a high school diploma or GED are not allowed to enroll for classes at Edmonds Community College. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis by the Chief Admissions Officer, or other designee, once the following conditions are met:
- A parent or guardian must submit a letter describing the reason an exception should be made.
- A parent or guardian, and the student applicant must meet with the Chief Admissions Officer, or other designee.
- Complete requirements 1–4 listed under Applicants ages 16 and 17.
Underage applicants who are not admitted under the special programs options, and who do not have a high school diploma or GED, are required to register during open enrollment.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.