General Education Development
May 22 - Summer/Fall registration begins
Get prepared and test with confidence!
Attend an orientation to learn about the program and enroll in one of our GED® preparation classes!
GED prep classes include the following benefits:
- A focus on math, reading, and writing skills for the GED
- Lecture and small group instruction
- Practice tests
- Tips/ strategies on how to get the best scores possible
- Classroom materials provided
- Low tuition
- GED test scholarships for qualified students
- Financial aid/college scholarships information
- Career education goal planning and support
To sign up for an orientation, you can do any of the following:
- Call the Developmental Education office at 425.640.1593
- Drop by the DevEd office in Mukilteo Hall room 403
- Email: email@example.com
To sign up via email you must:
- Be over 19 years old (if UNDER 19, please call the Dev. Ed. office for additional information)
- Include your full name and address
- Include the date and time of the orientation you wish to sign up for
- Include your date of birth
- Provide a valid phone number (you will receive a confirmation call before your orientation date)
The five sections of the GED test can be taken through the Testing Center at Edmonds Community College one at a time, in any order, and whenever students are ready. The Testing Center is located in Mountlake Terrace Hall, room 152 - near the espresso stand.
**GED TESTING INFORMATION ALERT**:
Please be advised that the GED tests will be computer-based beginning January 1, 2014. You will have until December 31, 2013 to complete the current test battery (paper and pencil tests) being used. If you do not complete the current battery by then, you will have to start over by taking the computer-based tests. The current fee for all tests is $150.00 and is subject to change.
For more information about testing times and procedures, please contact the Testing Center at 425-640-1546.
Gas prices are high, and parking is a hassle!
Did you know about your $15 bus pass?
|For a $10 initial fee and $15 each quarter, you can use your EdPass (your school ID) as an ORCA card for unlimited rides on local Community Transit buses! Click here for more information about getting your EdPass.|
|Is that a real GED?!||The General Educational Development Testing Service (GEDTS) warns that real GED credentials cannot be earned through correspondence courses or on the Internet. GEDTS has received complaints from students who paid high fees to take fake GED tests and who had not earned the credential accepted by hiring personnel, college admissions officers, and military enlistment personnel. Real GED tests can be taken only in person at official GED testing centers.|