Financial Aid Quick Start
How To apply for Financial Aid:
- عربى (Arabic)
- 中文 (Chinese)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- Pусский (Russian)
- Español (Spanish)
- ไทย (Thai)
- Українська (Ukranian)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or WASFA if you are a Dreamer at www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
- This is a federal application. It is not processed by our office.
- Look for a letter or email from the federal (FAFSA) processor confirming submission of the FAFSA. The letter is NOT your award notification.
- We upload 2015-16 FAFSA's from the federal processor twice each week starting the last week of February 2015.
- After we upload your FAFSA (or WASFA), look for an email from us letting you know to check the portal to see if other forms, documents, or processes are needed to complete your file.
- Complete all processes, and submit all forms, documents, and information we ask for in your portal profile. We will not review your paperwork until you submit or complete all required items. All of our forms and links to processes can be found on our website. Click on Forms in the left sidebar. You can also access the forms by clicking the arrow next to the item in the portal.
- Take these steps to receive a Federal Direct Student loan (WASFA students are not
eligible for loans):
- Complete the loan request section on the Financial Aid Information Sheet, or use the Information Change form. Submit either of these forms to our office.
- Learn more about loans and required online processes.
- Check the Financial Aid Home page often for estimated dates on when you can expect to be processed and awarded. You can also access links for the Financial Aid Portal and the Support Request system if you have questions.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.