Building Blocks for a Brighter Tomorrow
The Center for Families provides high quality childcare that allows our students to complete their education and is a home for partnerships that strengthen parents' roles in their children's education and development.
The Center for Families:
- Serves hundreds of children in childcare, from infants to five-year-olds, giving them a great start while their parents get the education they need to continue to provide for their families.
- Serves as a training facility to model best practices in childcare and parenting to help expand excellent childcare throughout the region.
- Educates students who are learning to become early childhood educators, including Head Start teachers, or who want to work as family support specialists
- Offers parent education classes, oversees parent cooperative preschools, teaches low-income parents basic and career skills and runs a teen parent program.
- Provides advanced workshops and seminars to childcare providers and other early childhood education professionals.
- Manages the "Art for Kids" project that loans pieces of art to early childhood education programs throughout Snohomish County. The collection currently includes 45 different pieces.
Edmonds Community College’s Center for Families Childcare and Head Start programs are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children —the mark of quality for early childhood education.