Snow Procedures for Grounds Personnel
1. Upon arrival the first staff person will use the snowplow/power broom on the bobcat to start clearing interior sidewalks throughout campus. They will check for icy areas and install chains to prevent access to unsafe stairs and upper walkways.
2. The second staff person to arrive will use the Snowplow on the truck to start clearing
- 196th entrance and NCA complex
- 200th main entrance
- Handicap parking area close to Meadowdale Hall in Lot A
- Handicap parking area close to Snoq. Hall
- Main North/South Road across Campus
- 204th main entrance to TUB
- Handicap Parking Snohomish
- Handicap parking Mukilteo
- Handicap parking Lynnwood
- Handicap parking C.F.F.
Remaining parking lots will be cleared as weather, time, and staff allows.
- Monroe Hall
3. Stop sign road entrances and sidewalks will be sanded or de-iced as needed.
Upper dangerous walkways and dangerous brick and stepped entrances between buildings will be closed off with signs and chains. These are closed for your protection. The wind blowing under all bridge causes these areas to ice up quickly even after they are cleared or the snow is melting. Please use lower safer walkways between buildings until all signs of ice or snow have disappeared and grounds staff removes the chains.
- Interior sidewalks and building entrances are checked before 7:00 during our freezing and snow times. These areas may be cleared, sanded, de-iced, have area-closed signs put up, or a combination depending upon conditions.
- Since conditions are constantly changing, if you notice icy problem areas, please contact security or grounds.
The Grounds Crews try to get in early enough to allow time for clearing or sanding before students arrive, but our staff has the same problems getting to campus as you do, so please be patient with us.