Expanding Your Horizons Conference at Edmonds Community College
March 20, 2018
Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) is a national conference that encourages girls, grades 8-12, to explore careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.
The EYH Conference fee is $20 per student. The fee covers the costs for breakfast, lunch, sweets bag, lanyard, and T-shirt. Thanks to the generous contribution from the Edmonds Community College Foundation, we are able to offer a limited number of conference fee waivers. Please contact us for more information.
Information regarding the 2018 EYH Conference will be posted soon!
2018 Conference Keynote Speaker
Kina received a BS in General Science from Seattle University in 2013. She is the founder and CEO of StemBox. She previously worked at Fred Hutch researching gene therapies for HIV. She has a passion for contributing to current fields of scientific research and empowering young girls to explore STEM.
Expanding Your Horizons will:
- increase young women's interest in science, technology, and math;
- foster awareness of career opportunities in science, technology, and math; and
- provide opportunities for young women to meet and interact with role models active in science, technology, engineering, and math fields.
2016 Expanding Your Horizons Snapshot
Here's a look at the 2016 conference so new participants have an idea of what to expect.
About the 2016 EYH Conference Workshops and Presenters
- 30 unique workshops were offered featuring successful women from a
variety of STEM careers.
- 96% of the participant response indicated at least one 9 or 10 in their rating of the presenters they chose.
- 46% of that number indicated two or more workshops exceeded their expectations with a 9 or 10.
About the Participants
- Almost 300 participants registered.
- 94% of the participants indicated that they would attend the 2017 conference.
- 85% said that as a direct response to the workshops they attended, they were now considering new career options.