Register for Classes
To register for classes you must have:
- Completed the admission process, which typically includes a placement test, and have a Student ID number and PIN.
- This step is done one time only. If you are a returning student and cannot remember your Student ID number or PIN, contact Enrollment Services for assistance.
- An assigned registration time, or register during open enrollment – see the Assigned Registration Times chart. These times are automatically assigned to students. You do not call to set up a time to register for classes.
How to Register for Classes
Students who can’t register online include:
- District high school students – a high school release/permission form is required each quarter you attend.
- International high school completion students – need HSC advisor’s permission to add/drop classes.
- Students enrolled in the following programs: ABE, GED, ESL, EdCAP, PCAPP, and FLED Co-op preschool.
- Students who haven’t taken the Accuplacer placement test or had it waived.
Students who are allowed to register online can do so using their student ID number and PIN from any computer to ADD classes through the third day of the quarter or to DROP classes through the fifth day of the quarter. Online registration is closed after the fifth day of every quarter.
- Make sure you have the item number of the class you want to register for.
- If you don’t have the item number, look it up using the online quarterly class schedule.
- Once you’re ready to register online, go to online registration and follow directions.
- Make sure you’re aware of the tuition deadlines.
In Person, by Email, or Mail
- Use the computers in the Advising Resource Center or your own personal computer.
- Go to the Enrollment Services Forms page and click on “Registration form”
- After you fill out the form online, click the “Print and Sign” button, print it, sign
it, and bring the registration form to the Enrollment Services Office. You can also
scan it and email it to email@example.com or mail it to:
Edmonds Community College
20000 68th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Important Registration Notes
- Registration for all math classes requires instructor permission beginning the first day of the quarter.
- Registration for ENGL 100, ENGL& 101, and 102 require instructor permission beginning the first day of the quarter.
- All classes, except late start classes, require instructor permission beginning the fourth day of the quarter.
- Instructor permission is required to add classes that are full.
- You must meet class prerequisite requirements before enrollment in that class is allowed.
- If you received an exemption from assessment, take your transcripts and/or test scores with you to class, as instructors have the final say in determining if you meet prerequisite requirements.
- You cannot register for more than one section of the same class.
- We drop students from the second course added without notice, and,
- We block your ability to register online in the future.
- Your registration is not complete until you pay tuition.
- Tuition is due within one week after you register for your first class.
- Subsequent enrollment (adding additional classes) requires payment within 24 hours.
- Awarded financial aid students are exempt from tuition due dates.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.