Adding and Dropping Classes
Adding Classes after Initial Registration
- You may continue to register online through the third day of the quarter.
- All math classes and English 100, &101, and &102 classes require instructor permission to register beginning the first day of the quarter.
- All classes, except late start classes, require instructor permission beginning the fourth day of the quarter.
- If online registration is no longer available, or if you are unable to register online, bring a completed registration form to the Enrollment Services counter on the first floor of Lynnwood Hall. You may also call, email, or fax a form to the Enrollment Services office.
- Waitlisted students must go to class, or contact the instructor on the first day of the quarter if they still wish to register. Take a completed registration form with you to the class and obtain instructor permission.
- Waitlisted students may not obtain instructor permission prior to the first day of the quarter.
- Check out Important Dates to the left for withdrawal and refund deadlines.
- You may drop classes online through the seventh week of the quarter (sixth week for summer). – See the Important Dates page for specific cutoff dates.
- Check the class schedule for refund information – self-support online and self-support on-ground classes have alternate refund deadlines.
- You may drop classes through the tenth day of the quarter (eighth day for summer), without a transcript entry.
- If you have a medically related situation that prevents you from completing the quarter, you may qualify for a medical withdrawal, which includes a full refund.
- Military students who are unable complete a term due to deployment, may be eligible for a 100% refund of tuition and fees, and a late withdrawal if needed. Please bring a completed registration from, indicating that you are dropping your classes, along with a copy of your orders to the Enrollment Services counter for processing.
Adding Classes Late
- You can register for continuous enrollment classes through the seventh week of the quarter (sixth week for summer) as long as space is available and you obtain instructor’s permission. Check the class schedule for classes designated as continuous enrollment, and for last date to register.
- You can register for late start classes until the first day of class if space is available.
- For most classes, registration must be completed by the tenth day of the quarter (eight days for summer).
- If you wish to add a class after the tenth day of the quarter (eighth day for summer), you must complete a Late Add Petition and pay a late-add fee.
Note: Financial aid students must finalize their enrollment by the fifth day of the quarter, or risk losing some Pell grant eligibility.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.