Underage Students – under the age of 16, who have not graduated from high school
Students under the age of 16 who are not part of district partnership programs, such as Running Start, EdCAP, Tech Prep and College in the High School, require special permission to be admitted and enrolled at the college. The following process should be followed:
- The student obtains a permission form from the student’s high school or district office (this must be done each quarter), and
- The Student fills out the admission application, and
- The student’s parent completes the Underage Admission Request form for a Student Under the Age of 16, and
- The parent writes a brief letter explaining the reasons they would like to obtain admission and enrollment for their child, and
- The parent and the student make an appointment to meet with the Senior Associate Dean of Enrollment Services
During the appointment a decision will be made regarding approval for admission and enrollment. Approval is made on a case by case basis. If approved the student will then need to pay the admission fee and take the Accuplacer Assessment if required. Underage students may not register prior to the open enrollment period.