- Is competent to benefit from course offerings of the college, and
- Would not, by his or her presence or conduct, create a disruptive atmosphere within the college inconsistent with the purposes of the institution, and
- Is eighteen (18) years of age or older, or
- Is a high school graduate (or GED equivalent).
Admission Application Exceptions
The following programs and special student populations have different admission application requirements. Contact the appropriate department if you are connected to one of these programs.
How to Apply for Admission
Apply for admission in one of the following ways:
Please Note: You will be taken to an outside resource for online applications. A copy of your application will be sent to Edmonds Community College.
**Notice**: If you live outside the state of Washington, and are taking online eLearning classes, read the important information regarding Distance Learning Restrictions.
Here is what will happen next:
- It will take 3 business days to process your application
- You will be sent your Student ID and PIN number by e-mail or U.S. mail.
- Degree-seeking students and those taking Math and English may be required to complete Placement Testing prior to registering for classes.
- You are encouraged to make an appointment with an Academic advisor by calling 425.640.1458. Online advising is also available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for classes online using your Student ID and PIN!
In Person, by Email, or Mail
- Use the computers in the Advising Resource Center on the first floor of Lynnwood Hall or your own personal computer to fill out the admission application online with same day processing.
- Go to the Enrollment Services Forms page and click on “Admission Application”
- After you fill out the form online, click the “Print and Sign” button, print it, sign
it, and bring the form to the Enrollment Services Office on the first floor of Lynnwood
Hall. You can also scan the application and email it to EdCC4U@edcc.edu or you can mail it to:
Edmonds Community College
20000 68th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
After you submit your admission application, we do the following:
- Provide you with a welcome letter containing campus information and next-step instructions
- Provide you with a student ID number
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after you register for your first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.