Energy Accounting Specialist
This certificate program requires the completion of the Energy Core certificate of completion followed by the Energy Accounting Specialist specialty courses. The two certificates can be completed in as little as two quarters. Required classes are:ENERGY CORE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION (16 credits)
- ENRGY 100 Introduction to Energy Management
- ENRGY 102 Energy Basics
- ENRGY 105 Introduction to Sustainability
- ENRGY 120 Energy Efficiency: Design and Construction & Retrofit
ENERGY ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST SPECIALTY COURSES (8 credits)
- ENRGY 130 Energy Assessment and Analysis
- ENRGY 135 Energy Accounting
In these classes you will learn to determine the amount of energy used at a site. This person will consider all forms of energy, benchmarking energy use for similar facilities, identify patterns and anomalies in data as indicators of opportunities for energy efficiency upgrades. Students will learn about utility rates and billing structures as well as cost of upgrades and payback analysis. In the core set of course, students will learn about the basics of energy conservation, energy science, controlling costs, protecting the environment, energy policies, resource management, basic construction skills, climate impacts, renewable energy sources, sustainable practices, computer software for analysis and local utility programs.
A person with an Energy Accounting Specialist Certificate can get a job related to architecture and construction, science, technology, engineering, and manufacturing.
Energy Accounting Specialists can start at jobs such as an:
- Energy Efficiency Finance Analyst
- Life-cycle Assessment Analyst
- Energy Conservation Representative
- Energy Auditor or Analyst at a local utility
- Energy Auditor or Analyst for businesses that provide Home Energy audits
- Energy Auditor or Analyst at companies that provide and install the weatherization products recommended in the energy audit
Becoming an energy accounting specialist opens the door to many life-long careers that are rewarding and exciting.
Be on the leading edge of tomorrow’s technology by studying now in the Energy Management Program at Edmonds Community College.