Diversity Student Center
Announcing the 2016 Edmonds Community College Annual National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in American Higher Education (NCORE) Conference Student Scholarship
The Center for Student Engagement and Leadership is currently accepting applications for the Edmonds Community College NCORE Student Leadership Development Conference Scholarship Program.
This scholarship includes the following:
- A paid conference registration for student recipient
- Roundtrip airfare to San Francisco, CA
- Meal Per Diem
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Learn more about this opportunity, including a description of the conference, application process, eligibility requirements, and important deadlines.
New Center Opening!
Watch for our new Center opening!
In the Fall of 2016 we will relocate to the first floor of the Triton Student Center. We will be offering more FREE student services and enhancing existing services!
Earn while you Learn – Want to Come Join our Team?
Application packets are available. Please stop by and complete an application packet. We also advertise new openings in the college's Career Action Center.
Many interesting volunteering opportunities are available. Also, serving as a volunteer with us qualifies for Service Learning credits, and many instructors partner with us to meet curriculum needs. We also have fun opportunities to assist in the center helping students, or with events. It's a great way to connect with other students, to learn new things, and to have fun!
Ask your instructor if you can earn extra credit working with our team and learning about diversity!
We offer special opportunities to qualifying students to attend some local conferences at no cost! Please come see us for more info.
Comments From Students and Visitors to the Diversity Student Center
How would you describe your experience at Diversity Student Center?
- Friendly and supportive staff!
- It was always a pleasant and welcoming environment.
- Very enriching and helpful, they have a lot of good services and the people who work at the DSC are caring and informative.
Have you gained any skills/awareness/knowledge when getting involved at Diversity Student Center?
- Yes, everybody is accepted here.
- When I'm here, I actually get motivated to work!
- I've gotten to know about events by going the the DSC, which have helped contribute to my college experience.
What services would you like added?
- A larger space — it is cozy — and could be considered crowded
- More info on international scholarships
- More computers and limitless printing