Diversity Student Center
Designed by students for students, it is a safe and welcoming center that embraces diversity, with friendly staff, and resources for students. We are conveniently located with many Student Services programs in Brier Hall.
Student Services We Offer
Promoting Diversity Awareness
- Diversity events planned monthly
- Quarterly diverse events with exciting diverse speakers and/or knowledgeable panelists
- Celebrations around diversity throughout the year
- Information available on current diverse events in the community
- Conversation area and Safe Zone for students to discuss and explore diversity
Resource Library: Students Can Check-out These Items for Free for a Quarter
- Laptops - two hour check-out
- Textbooks - hundreds of instructional books for many classes
- Electronic items: calculators, flash drives and e-dictionaries
- Videos and DVDs on all taped events on campus
- Diversity books - cultural, religious, ethnic, historical, etc.
- Private setting for students to do homework, Internet research, job searches, etc., with updated software and a laser printer
- Laptop rentals - free two-hour check out to current Edmonds Community College students
Conversation Partner Program
We partner with Itnternational Student Services to match ESL students with fluent English speaking students. This is a a personal one-on-one experience for ESL students to learn English. Students meet for an hour a week and schedules are catered to meet each student’s needs.
Scholarship Information and Assistance
- Students can get guidance and resource information to apply for scholarships to accomplish their academic goals.
- We have compiled a file with live hyperlinks to active websites with scholarship information.