How to Enroll in GED Classes
Attending a GED® Orientation is the first step in taking GED classes at Edmonds Community College.
Orientations are a total of five hours and are held over two days or evenings. Students must attend both days of orientation; sign up early as classes fill quickly.
During the orientation, students receive the following information:
- An overview of the GED program at Edmonds Community College
- What to expect on the GED test itself
- What the connection is between wages and education
- Financial and academic support available while you work toward your GED
- Goal setting support
- An introduction to college resources
- Edmonds Community College career/educational opportunities available for GED completers
Students also take reading and math assessments at the orientations for class placement.
Following the orientation, students meet one-on-one with an adviser to register for classes.
Orientation Dates for Fall Quarter 2013:
Students must attend orientation, testing, and an advising appointment to register for GED classes. Please sign up early as classes fill quickly.
Returning students who have attended GED classes within the last two years do not need to attend orientation again. Please call the Dev Ed Office at 425.640.1593 and ask for a "Returning Student" appointment with Rebecca.
Orientations for fall quarter classes, which begin Sept. 23:
|Tuesday and Wednesday||August 13 and 14||6-8:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday and Wednesday||August 20 and 21||10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.|
|Tuesday and Wednesday||August 27 and 28||6-8:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday and Thursday||September 4 and 5||10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.|
|Tuesday and Wednesday||September 10 and 11||6-8:30 p.m.|
To sign up for an orientation, you can do any of the following:
- Call the Developmental Education office at 425.640.1593
- Drop by the DevEd office in Mukilteo Hall 403
- Email: email@example.com
To sign up via email you must:
- Be over 19 years old (if UNDER 19, please call the Dev. Ed. office for additional information)
- Include your full name and address
- Include the date and time of the orientation you wish to sign up for
- Include your date of birth
- Provide a valid phone number (you will receive a confirmation call before your orientation date)