Are you dbTech Material?
Do you have previous IT working experience? Do you have previous education in IT? Are you a self-taught IT geek? All of these things are important in determining your entrance into this program. The Database Information Technologies degree is designed for individuals with experience or prior training in Information Technology. To enter directly into this degree, you should have experience in:
- intermediate word processing skills
- intermediate spreadsheet skills
- intermediate experience using a relational database
- an introductory understanding of HTML
- understanding of the Windows operating system and basic command-line commands
- an understanding of basic programming
If you feel you have these skills, we have the class for you! CIS 116 Prior Learning Assessment Portfolio. This course allows you to prove the skills that you have acquired either through on-the-job training or through your own learning. A CIS adviser will be able to help you determine if this class is right for you.
Do you have some of the skills? But not all of them? Again, a CIS adviser will be able to help you determine, which classes you would need to take to bring your skill level up to entry level within this degree.
Do you have more than these skills? Great, we would love to tailor a program that meets your needs and gives you the best opportunity to advance your employment.