Credentials and Evaluation
Do not submit an evaluation request until the appropriate steps have been taken.
- Please request evaluations at least one quarter before you want the credits transferred.
Only transcripts of students currently attending classes and former students will
be evaluated. We do not do evaluations for non-students. Apply for transcript evaluation
online using the GATE credential evaluation system.
- Official transcripts will be accepted via mail directly from the recording college
or in a sealed envelope if hand-carried. All transcripts to be evaluated must be listed
in your application. Please do not abbreviate the names of colleges and universities.
All listed transcripts must be on file before the evaluation process will begin.
- Military Transcript Requests: To request Military Transcripts be sent to the college, please visit the Joint Services Transcript Request page. You may also contact the Veterans Resource Center for assistance.
- All college and military Transcripts should be sent to:
ATTN: Transcript Evaluation
Edmonds Community College
20000 68th Ave. W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Course descriptions are required for any out of state colleges or universities, transcripts
that are older than five years, any English, math, or science course, and any foreign
transcripts. If no course descriptions are provided, those courses will not be considered
for transfer to Edmonds Community College.
- Your transcripts will be evaluated toward the degree or certificate you choose as
your goal. A separate request is required for each degree or certificate. If your
educational goals change, your transcripts will require re-evaluation.
- You will be notified of the results by email and you can check the status of your request using the GATE credential evaluation system.
What Do I Need to Keep in Mind?
Our department does hundreds of evaluations each month. Evaluations generally take eight to ten weeks, once all materials have been received. Please be patient.
Should you require further information, call the Graduation, Credentials, and Commencement Information Line: 425.640.1459. Press Option 6 and follow the menu prompts.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.