Credentials and Evaluation
International Transcript Evaluation
An official evaluation of your international transcript will be processed by a credentials evaluator. The evaluator will determine which courses will be accepted for transfer and apply the approved courses to your program requirement sheet. You must be currently attending classes or a former student to begin the evaluation process. A copy of your evaluation results will be emailed or mailed to you.
It is your responsibility to gather all of the required documents and submit them to a credentials evaluator for review.
What You Need to Submit to Begin the Evaluation Process
- An official transcript, course descriptions, and/or a course syllabus from the issuing
college or university.
- An English translation of your transcript, course descriptions and course syllabi
is required. See below.
- An Evaluation Request-Transfer Credits form.
- A comprehensive report completed by an independent credentials evaluation service.
- Any agency approved by NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
that examines educational/academic records for the purpose of determining U.S. standards
can be used. Accepted agencies include: FIS, WES, and Josef Silny & Associates, etc.
For a complete list, see http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- All agencies charge a fee for their services, and an application is required.
- Any agency approved by NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) that examines educational/academic records for the purpose of determining U.S. standards can be used. Accepted agencies include: FIS, WES, and Josef Silny & Associates, etc. For a complete list, see http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Credentials, Evaluation, and Translation Service
FIS: Foundation for International Services, Inc.
505 Fifth Ave. S, Suite 101
Edmonds, WA 98020
firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.248.2255 | 425.248.2262 (fax)
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.