How Do I Choose a Career Path?
The Counseling & Resource Center has trained career counselors to help administer and interpret career inventories, as well as help you develop a better understanding of self. To meet with a counselor call 425.640.1358 or drop by Mountlake Terrace Hall 145.
Ready for an Internship or Job Search?
Contact the Career Action Center to help assist you with online job and internship listings, search assistance, and an academic internship program. For those looking for funding to pay for career training, the CAC offers the Worker Retraining Program and Opportunity Grant. You can contact the Career Action Center by calling 425.640.1256 or visiting Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 130.
Online Career Research
- WOIS/The Career Information System: access a variety of career research and assessment tools (password available at the Counseling and Resource Center)
- Vocational Biographies: career-shadow up to 1,001 persons from across America.
- Washington Career Bridge: find the education and training that you need to get the job you want.
- Workforce Explorer Washington: labor market and career planning information
- http://checkoutacollege.com: Learn about Washington's community and technical colleges and take free inventories
- O*Net: detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development, and HR professionals, students, researchers and more!
- Career One Stop: Explore careers, look up salaries, take interest inventories, search for jobs and much more.
Please drop by the Counseling and Resource Center located in Mountlake Terrace Hall 145 or call 425.640.1358 for assistance with your research or if you require a password/site key.