Congratulations to our 2014 graduates!
Edmonds Community College celebrated its 47th annual Commencement ceremony 7:30 p.m., June 13 at Comcast Arena in Everett.
"Edmonds Community College's 2013 commencement ceremony honored our graduates, their families, and their friends. We applaud our graduates' hard work, talent, and persistence as they begin to realize their unlimited potential. They have taken a great step toward a brighter future.
"As William Butler Yeats once wrote: 'Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.' We agree."
"We applaud the hard work, talent, and persistence of our graduates as they begin to realize their unlimited potential. They have taken a great step toward a brighter future. We value their motivation and look forward to the contributions they will make as volunteers, leaders, entrepreneurs, lifelong learners, and members of our local and global community."
— Edmonds Community College President Jean Hernandez
On behalf of everyone at Edmonds Community College, we wish our graduates continued success in their education and careers.
2013-14 Graduating Class — By the Numbers
- 2,044 degrees, certificates, diplomas, and GEDs (1,633 without GEDs)
- 34 percent earned college transfer degrees (696 degrees)
- 41 percent earned career degrees or certificates (836 degrees and certificates)
- 25 percent completed a GED® or high school diploma (411 GEDs, plus 101 diplomas for a total of 512)
- 31 – average age of graduates
- 56 percent female
- 44 percent male
- 16 percent international students
- 74 – age of oldest graduate, Accounting Certificate
- 17 – age of youngest graduate, Associate of Arts
Information based on May 2014 data.