Career Action Center
Functional Resume Example
Para C. Legal
222 Maple Tree Lane
Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Handled research of state statutes and municipal codes to support client cases
- Interviewed witnesses and prepared witness declarations
- Reviewed case files in preparation for settlement negotiations
- Corresponded with health care providers, insurance adjusters, and clients
- Trained in drafting documents such as summons, complaints, and wills
- Assisted students in Westlaw research class. Gained reputation for clear explanations.
- Assignments in Intellectual Properties and Civil Procedure recognized as 'best in class'
OFFICE MANAGEMENT / COMMUNICATION
- Met policyholder renewal deadlines. Completed and assembled group insurance quotes for third part administrators.
- Complimented by supervisors for professional phone skills while dealing with difficult agents and policyholders.
- Developed filing and record keeping system, resulting in faster access to data
- Wrote procedures for job duties. Based on this work, asked by supervisor to rewrite all office procedures.
of Technical Arts, Paralegal (GPA 3.6)
Edmonds Community College, Lynnwood, WA
Schnell, Jones, and Peterson, P.S.
(Assisted three paralegals in this personal injury firm)
Customer Service Representative Heavenly Insurance Co. 1995-2000