Career Action Center at Edmonds Community College
Questions to Ask the Interviewer
About the Job
- Would you describe the duties of the position?
- What is a typical workday?
- Where does this position fit in the organization structure?
- What do you consider ideal experience for this job?
- Why is this position open?
- How many people have held this position in the past three years?
- Where is the person who held this job before?
- What are the biggest challenges facing someone in this position?
- What objectives would you like accomplished by someone in this job?
- What are the priorities for the next two or three months?
- What would you like a person in this position to accomplish?
- What freedom would I have in determining my work objectives and deadlines?
About the Organization
- What kind of turnover rate does this organization have?
- How would you describe the organizational culture (environment)?
- What types of people seem to do well in this department and this organization?
- What are the challenges facing this organization?
- What is your management style?
- What is the working style of this team?
- What new developments do you see for this organization in the next year?
- What is needed to get ahead in this organization?
- How strongly does the organization promote from within?