Delaney named NWAACC Coach of the Year
Congratulations to Jeanette Delaney for being named NWAACC Women's Soccer Coach of the Year. Coach Delaney led the Tritons to the NWAACC North regular season championship and an appearance in the NWAACC Championship Game!
Women's soccer team loses 2-1 in final
TUKWILA — The Edmonds CC Triton women's team fell to the Peninsula Pirates 2-1 in
the NWAACC championship game at Starfire Sports Complex on Sunday, Nov. 17.
Port Townsend graduate Irina Lyons scored for Edmonds in the 40th minute to give the Tritons a 1-0 lead. The Tritons held the Pirates in check until the 68th minute when Bri Afoa set up Dominique Niedziela for the equalizer.
Three minutes later, Larkyn Nelson scored the go-ahead goal off an assist by Annie Armstrong. Niedziela, who also scored in the Pirates' semifinal win over Walla Walla on Saturday night, was named postseason MVP.
In its four seasons of existence, the Peninsula women's soccer program has won two NWAACC titles and made three championship game appearances. The title match appearance is the third for Edmonds and first under eighth-year head coach Jeanette Delaney.
Edmonds CC's last appearance was in 2002, when it won the championship under then head coach Teddy Mitalas, father of Edmonds CC's men's head coach Brandon Mitalas.
2013 Soccer Schedules Released
LYNNWOOD, Wash. (July 8) – Edmonds Community College released its 2013 men’s and women’s soccer schedules on Monday. Both teams kick off the year with home scrimmages against Olympic College on August 15. The season starts on August 27 with the NWAACC Friendlies at Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila. Home matches against Highline CC on September 4 mark the beginning of League play. Women's Schedule
Triton Soccer Camp Hosted by Edmonds CC Women's Soccer
Coach Jeanette Delaney and her staff will be holding the Triton Soccer Camp from August 5-9. The Triton Soccer Camp staff will meet each camper developmentally, beginner to advanced, to build technical and teammate skills necessary to be an effective player at any level of play.
Triton Soccer Claims NWAACC Honors
The NWAACC Soccer Awards in. For the men: Zak Naylor named North Player of the Year; Brandon Mitalas is the Coach of the Year. Additionally, Conor McKnight and Austin Portch earn North All-Star honors. On the women's side: Edmonds CC North All-Stars are Annelise Coxeff and Darrian Trisko. Congrats to all!
Eligibility Rules and Requirements
- Athletes must be registered in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Athletes must have passed a minimum of 12 credit hours the last quarter you were enrolled in college.
- Athletes may not participate in one sport more than two seasons.
- Athletes must be registered within 20 days from the beginning of the quarter.
- To qualify for eligibility to participate in a second (2nd) season of any sport, you must have earned a minimum of 36 credit hours and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 during any quarter of participation.
- Athletes must be a high school graduate or the class of which you were a member has graduated.
- Any time you participate in a regularly scheduled game, match or contest, you will be charged with one year of eligibility in that sport.
- Athletes may be declared ineligible if during the sport season you represent any club, organization or team other than your college team.
- If you are a transfer from another community college that is a member of the NWAACC, you become eligible for athletic competition after a time lapse of three quarters, exclusive of summer school, after separation from the former college.
- If convicted for the use or sale of legend drugs, including anabolic steroids, you will be disqualified from participation in a NWAACC sponsored athletic event or activity for a period of one year.