Edmonds Community College Athletics
|Like us on Facebook|
Triton Soccer Claims NWAACC Honors
The NWAACC Soccer Awards in. For the men: Zak Naylor named North Player of the Year; Brandon Mitalas is the Coach of the Year. Additionally, Conor McKnight and Austin Portch earn North All-Star honors. On the women's side: EdCC North All-Stars are Annelise Coxeff and Darrian Trisko. Congrats to all!!
Soccer Teams Post Wins Against SVC
Triton soccer posted wins over Skagit Valley. Saturday was a successful twinbill for the Tritons on Saturday, October 20. The Triton ladies posted a 5-0 win over the Cardinals with the men following up with a 3-1 win to complete the sweep.
The EdCC women got two goals from Anna Larmore and single goals from Anelisse Coxeff, Cortney Fredricksen and Darrien Trisko. That makes three wins a row for the Tritons who moved into third place in the NWAACC North standings by one slim point over Shoreline. Only the top three squads advance to the NWAACC playoffs, making this week’s contests against Everett and Shoreline very important. Edmonds is not 7-3-5 overall, 5-2-4 in the NWAACC North.
On the men’s side, it was Kirby Hutto blasting three goals for a hat-trick in the team’s 3-1 win over SVC. The Tritons are 8-6-2 overall but have a stellar 7-2-1 record in the North. The team’s 22 points have them atop the standings, three points in front of Everett. Big game against Everett on Wednesday!
Brown Helps Lead Tritons Over Clark and Back into Playoff Hunt
Courtney Brown, a sophomore midfielder from Snohomish High School, scored two goals against Clark College on Saturday, helping to lift the Tritons to a 3-0 road win over the Penguins and put Edmonds back into playoff contention. EdCC, which is unbeaten in its last five matches, sits in fourth place in the NWAACC North, holding a two-point advantage over Skagit Valley. The ladies travel to Green River on Wednesday the 17th, before returning home to host Skagit Valley on Saturday.
# 13 Ashley Desharnais Scores Last Minute Game Winning Goal!
(11/7/2011) Photos Courtesy of Shoreline CC Athletics
Want To Join Our Team?
Find more photos like this on Edmonds Community College
Congratulations to our sophomores moving on!
- GK-Jessica Clifford- Concordia University-Seward, Nebraska NAIA
- GK-Gillian McMahon-University of Mobile,-Mobile, Alabama DIV 2
- CB-Ashley Hayes-Ashford University-Clinton Iowa DIV 2
- OM-Arianna Tomlin-Trinity Lutheran College-Everett, WA NAIA
- CM-Katie Satre- University of Nebraska at Kearny-Kearny, Nebraska
- OM-Kaylee Carter-UW Bothell- Bothell, WA
Welcome to our 2012 Letter of Intent Signees
- Alexandra Brewer - Stanwood High School
- Annelise Coxeff - Centennial High School
- Cortney Fredriksen - South Whidbey High School
- Carissa Littlefield - Snohomish High School
- Tanisha McGruder - Federal Way High School
- Madisyn Napier - Eastlake High School
- Karissa Radke - Juantia High School
- Jessica Rankin - Christ Church Academy
- Melissa Schwab - Centennial High School
Eligibility Rules and Requirements
- Athletes must be registered in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Athletes must have passed a minimum of 12 credit hours the last quarter you were enrolled in college.
- Athletes may not participate in one sport more than two seasons.
- Athletes must be registered within 20 days from the beginning of the quarter.
- To qualify for eligibility to participate in a second (2nd) season of any sport, you must have earned a minimum of 36 credit hours and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 during any quarter of participation.
- Athletes must be a high school graduate or the class of which you were a member has graduated.
- Any time you participate in a regularly scheduled game, match or contest, you will be charged with one year of eligibility in that sport.
- Athletes may be declared ineligible if during the sport season you represent any club, organization or team other than your college team.
- If you are a transfer from another community college that is a member of the NWAACC, you become eligible for athletic competition after a time lapse of three quarters, exclusive of summer school, after separation from the former college.
- If convicted for the use or sale of legend drugs, including anabolic steroids, you will be disqualified from participation in a NWAACC sponsored athletic event or activity for a period of one year.