At Edmonds CC, students may meet with both professional academic advisors and faculty advisors.
Academic advisors are trained to advise across many program areas and they typically meet with students who are in the exploratory or early stages of their academic careers. Meet your Edmonds CC Academic Advisors.
Faculty advisors bring valuable expertise related to programs of study, courses, university programs, and the job market. They are invaluable as mentors for students and they can provide insight into course content and course selection. Faculty advisors are also responsible for approving course substitutions and degree/certificate modifications.
It is recommended that continuing students meet with their faculty advisors from their program of study or their intended major by their second quarter at Edmonds.
- See a list of faculty transfer advisors.
To make an appointment with a Faculty Advisor: Make an appointment by phone at 425.640.1458, or in person at at the Information Desk, on the 1st floor of Lynnwood Hall. You may also contact the faculty member directly. Find faculty contact information in the online directory.
A Student's Guide to Being Prepared for an Advising Appointment:
Your advisor (academic or faculty) will have the opportunity to give you more valuable information if you come prepared. When you come for either drop-in or an appointment, please have the following tools with you:
- Class Schedule: All courses you are currently registered for that do not appear on your transcript
- Unofficial Transcripts from all colleges you've attended (including Edmonds CC)
- Official Credit Evaluation if you've had one done
- Program Requirement Sheet for your degree/certificate (with your completed classes filled in)
- Any academic planning you have done, with or without the help of an advisor