About Our College
Doing Business with the College: Solicitation Process
Competitive Solicitation Notices
Edmonds Community College utilizes the Washington Electronic Business Solution (WEBS) to post notices for competitive solicitations above $10,000. The notices posted in WEBS contain details related to the solicitation type, size and scope, instructions regarding the timeline and method required to submit a bid, contact information and requirements.
Submitting a Bid
- Read all requirements in a solicitation thoroughly and submit your bid (offer) document prior to the deadline specified in the bid document.
- Pay close attention to the instructions in the solicitation regarding when and how to submit offers.
- Any questions regarding the solicitation must be directed to the Edmonds CC Solicitation Coordinator named in the solicitation by the due date given. Questions directed to other parties may result in bid disqualification.
- Most competitive solicitations do not include a public bid opening. If any solicitation includes a notice to hold a public bid opening, it may be held at the Edmonds CC Clearview Building, 7030 196th Street SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036. The bid opening will be conducted by a Purchasing Office staff member.
- Responses to Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information will not be read at a public bid opening.
Complaint and Protest Procedure
Solicitations posted to WEBS shall include complaint and protest procedures in compliance with RCW 39.26.170. Complaints would address issues with the solicitation and must be submitted prior to the deadline for submissions. Protests would address issues with the award after the apparent successful bidder is announced.
Public Review of Bid Responses
Bid responses for goods, equipment and services are available for public review in accordance with State of Washington public disclosure laws after an award is made. The bid number must be cited in any public records request for information. Public Records Request Form