About Our College
Doing Business with the College: Business Diversity
Edmonds CC welcomes access for all parties and companies and is committed to providing maximum opportunity to participate in any of the procurement and contracts offered by the College.
- We are committed to honoring diversity, equity and inclusion for individuals and businesses of all experiences and perspectives.
- The College ensures that minority-owned, women-owned, small, veteran-owned and service-disabled-veteran-owned businesses have opportunity to participate in purchasing and contracting at Edmonds Community College.
- We strive to contact and form relationships with the companies owned by minorities, women and veterans to increase the depth and diversity of our supplier pool by promoting fair and open access to all procurement competitive solicitations offered by the College.
Per Washington State law, Edmonds Community College does not show any preference nor discriminates in the awarding of any contract based on ethnicity or gender of business owners. Per RCW 39.19, the College encourages participation in all of its contracts by minority and women-owned business enterprises (MWBE) certified by the WA State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE).
- Participation can be on a direct basis in response to competitive solicitation, or as a subcontractor to a proposer/bidder.
- No preference is included in any contract evaluations.
- No bid/proposal will be rejected or considered as “non-responsive” and no MWBE participation is required as a condition of receiving a contract award.
Certification as a Minority and Women-owned Business
Vendors wanting information regarding certification through the WA State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) may contact:
Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises
1110 Capitol Way S #150
Olympia, WA 98501