About Our College
Students and Community: At the Heart of All We Do
Edmonds Community College strengthens our diverse community by helping students access educational and career opportunities in a supportive environment that encourages success, innovation, service, and lifelong learning.
Our Core Themes
- Strengthen our diverse community
- Provide educational opportunities
- Help students access career opportunities
- Support student success
- Encourage innovation, service, and lifelong learning
Transforming lives through exemplary, nationally recognized educational and career pathways
The Board, employees, and students of our college value:
Collaboration and Communication
- We promote respectful collaboration, communication, and interaction among students and employees.
- We develop and maintain a safe, healthy, and professional environment that fosters creativity, innovation, learning, and personal growth.
Responsibility and Accountability
- We manage our resources with efficiency and integrity to ensure the long-term health of the college.
- We infuse sustainable and transparent practices throughout all aspects of the college's operations and programs.
Innovation and Creativity
- We continuously seek opportunities to improve the quality of our lives, the college, our community, and the world.
- We explore, create, and evaluate in order to improve.
Diversity, Respect, and Inclusion
- We celebrate the individuality and diversity of our students and colleagues, as well as the diversity of our college, community, nation, and world.
- We require equity and mutual respect.
General Education Learning Outcomes
Edmonds Community College offers multiple opportunities to integrate knowledge and skills throughout its degrees and certificates. Specifically, the college emphasizes this integration through its General Education Learning Outcomes:
- Communication Skills: Communicate and interact effectively through a variety of methods appropriate to audience, context, purpose, and field/discipline.
- Human Relations and Professional Development Skills: Act responsibly in applying professional and academic standards associated with personal wellness; sustainable management of resources; and/or with success in educational, workplace, community, and group settings.
- Quantitative Analysis/Symbolic Reasoning Skills: Reason clearly using academic or professional modes of inquiry; using quantitative or symbolic reasoning; and/or using other discipline/field specific methods to explore and create ideas; identify information needs; process, evaluate, and use information; and recognize, analyze and solve problems.
- Cultural Diversity Skills: Explore and apply multiple perspectives in order to examine cultural differences and influences; maintain effective professional/working relationships; and/or interact effectively in multicultural settings.
Students who earn any of our two-year degrees or certificates of 45 or more credits have opportunities to develop and apply these General Education Learning Outcomes, along with discipline specific learning Program-level Learning Outcomes (PLOs) and Course-level Learning Objectives (CLOs). For more information about the college’s PLOs and CLOs, please refer to this page.
Find out more about the outcomes assessment.
Integrated and Strategic Planning
Edmonds Community College's mission statement helps direct and inform the college's planning efforts and resource allocation processes. The college's strategic goals are implemented through broad-based constituency groups known as Strategic Planning Councils. The strategic goals assist the college in achieving its vision.
Operational-level planning is completed through the college's SIMPLE Plan framework (with SIMPLE standing for: Strategic, Informed, Measurable Process Leading to Effectiveness). SIMPLE plans tie together program profiles, assessments, and goals. Both strategic and operational-level planning are aligned with the college's core themes, objectives, and strategic goals – all of which are mapped to the college's mission statement and definition of mission fulfillment.
Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges.
Find out more about the college's accreditation.