International Student Services
- International Student Services Home
- Contact Us
- Current Students
- English Proficiency
- For Agents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Global Opportunities
- New Students
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM)
- Student Activities
- U.S. Department of State NWCCI Program
- Welcome Orientation Week (WOW)
The ISS scholarship application window is now CLOSED. Notification of award status will be emailed to applicants soon.
Multiple awards are available for each of the three types of scholarships, offered in the form of a tuition waiver:
- New /Transfer-In College or High School Scholarship ($500)
- College or High School Merit Scholarship ($300)
- Intensive ESL to College Scholarship ($300)
Who is eligible?
- Must be an Edmonds CC international student with an F1 visa
- Enrolled in only college or high school courses for a minimum of 15 credits
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA for classes taken last quarter (GPA will be calculated by EdCC staff for New/Transfer-In Scholarship applicants)
- For New/Transfer-In Scholarship, applicants must be a first-time EdCC international student
- For IESL to College/High School Scholarship, applicants must have completed EdCC IESL Program and successfully transferred into College or High School Program
- Must submit all required application documents by 5 p.m. PST on the due date
Who is NOT eligible?
Applicants currently in their last quarter at Edmonds CC (for example, graduating or transferring to another school) are not eligible.
How to Apply
1. Click the following link and enter your Edmonds CC student ID number (as University Identification Number): ISS Link Limited Services PIN Lookup.
2. Check your EdMail. You will receive a PIN.
3. Click the following link and enter your Edmonds CC student ID number and your new PIN. Then, fill out the form and upload a copy of your current schedule and transcript: ISS Scholarship e-Form.
|Quarter||Spring 2017||Fall 2017||Winter 2018||Spring 2018|
|Scholarship window opens||April 3, 2017||Sept. 18, 2017||Jan, 2, 2018||April 2, 2018|
|Scholarship Due Date||April 21, 2017||Oct. 6, 2017||Jan. 19, 2018||April 20, 2018|
|Scholarship Ceremony Date||May 10, 2017, 3-4 p.m.||Oct. 25, 2017, 3-4 p.m.||Feb. 7, 2018, 3-4 p.m.||May 9, 2018, 3-4 p.m.|
|Scholarship Ceremony Location||Snohomish Hall, Room 338||To be decided||To be decided||To be decided|
Each year, the college Foundation provides scholarships and emergency grants for many students. Scholarship criteria vary; some are for specific areas of study or for those with specific backgrounds or needs.
Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. All required materials must be included in an application packet. Students qualify for and may receive funds from multiple scholarships, but only need to submit one application.
Complete the Dream Scholarship
Students may only apply for the Foundation’s Complete the Dream Scholarship during their last or graduation quarter. You must also have experienced a significant financial, medical, or family loss that has required you to drop your classes and therefore not graduate. The Complete the Dream Scholarship funds are available to help students through tough times and enable them to graduate despite a personal crisis.
Past ISS Scholarship Recipients
|“Being an international student has been a great financial challenge for me. With the Merit Scholarship, I can save money for my textbooks next quarter. It will relieve my stress about financial difficulties. I think students should be active in searching for scholarships and work hard on their schooling. Thanks to this support, I can focus more on my study and participate in college activities!”|
"I received the ISS Merit Scholarship. This scholarship will help me and my parents pay my tuition and living costs. Also, it helps adorn my resume because I can put it as an award!"
|“My major is environmental engineering. My scholarship gave me a chance to take additional courses that I was interested in and I really appreciate that opportunity. I hope there will be more students who can benefit from the ISS scholarship. I will transfer to a university after I finish my courses in Edmonds Community College.”|
|For many international students like myself, financial struggles play a huge role in my educational performance. Having been awarded the ISS Merit Scholarship, I am able to focus more on my studies as well as push myself to excel each quarter in order to qualify for more scholarship opportunities. I greatly appreciate and thank Edmonds Community College for understanding the struggles that students go through and providing a means to substantiate and alleviate those struggles, so that we may continue to pursue our dreams.|
|“I have received three College Merit Scholarships and an Edmonds CC Foundation Scholarship over the last two years. They helped me greatly to finish my Associate of Business Degree. It is simple to apply and also a great honor to be a part of the celebration. As as international student, those scholarships pushed me to get better grades. I feel like I am getting closer to my dream. It's such a nice opportunity that the college actually celebrates your hard work and appreciates it. Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity. I appreciate all of the support I have received from Edmonds CC.”|