International Student Services

Want to Earn Extra Money to Help with Tuition or Shopping?

Employment on Campus

International students holding F-1 visa may work on campus only. Students must also maintain a 12 credit class load and have a 2.0 grade point average. Government funded work study positions are not available to international students.

Students may also work full time on campus (up to 40 hours per week) during breaks and approved vacation quarters. If working during the summer quarter, students must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits or be on an authorized vacation quarter. In addition, students must also register for fall quarter.

Employment off Campus

F-1 visa holders must have permission to work off campus. Optional Practical Training (OPT) is an immigration option that allows international students to work in the U.S. in a job related to their major. Students normally work for six months up to one year after after graduation. Some students may also apply for CPT if working is a requirement to graduate from their program.

How to Get a Social Security Number