Conversation Partner Program
The Conversation Partner Program (CPP) gives students and volunteers the opportunity to learn about other cultures, practice conversation skills, improve English speaking ability and make new friends!
Beginning English Speaker: If you are new to English and want to develop your speaking and listening skills
Advanced English Speaker: If you are a fluent or native English speaker or an advanced English speaker wishing to participate with a newer international student
APPLICATION DEADLINE for fall quarter 2014: October 9, but partnerships may be filled on a first come, first serve basis
How does this program work?
- You submit an online application
- Coordinator places applicants in partnerships and groups
- Partners come in at an assigned time to ISS Pilchuck to meet and go over program expectations
- Partners arrange weekly meetings
- Partners turn in a tracking log AND reflection form by December 10th, 2014
- Eligible participants will be able to pick up a certificate of achievement by December 16th
Group Gathering – Conversation Group
Weekly group meeting in Rainier Community Room arranged on every Wednesday 4:30PM-6:00PM.
The Gathering is a good opportunity to meet new people, practice conversation skills, play fun games, improve your English and learn! Snacks are provided.
Check us out on Facebook!
CPP@email.edcc.edu | 425.640.1050 | ISS – Pilchuck