International Student Services
Once you have received your I-20, you should follow the steps below to obtain an F-1 student visa.
- Pay your SEVIS fee online. Print out the receipt and keep it with your passport and I-20.
- Go to http://www.fmjfee.com.
- Click on the button “Proceed to I-901 Form and Payment”.
- Select the circle “I-20” at the bottom of the page and click the blue button “OK”.
- Enter your “Last name”, “First name”, “Middle name (if any)”, “SEVIS Identification Number” and “Date of Birth”. You must enter the name as it appears on your I-20 and on your passport.
- When you are finished, click “Enter”.
- Make an appointment with the U.S. embassy/consulate closest to you.
- When you go to the appointment, bring the following paperwork with you:
- Passport (it should be valid for at least six months)
- Bank statement and/or sponsorship papers
- SEVIS fee receipt
- TOEFL scores; if you have them